14.2.11

Aber Monday: The Promenade (North Beach)

Hello and welcome to what is the first of (hopefully) many Aber Monday posts. I LOVE the place I live now, and I realise that a lot of people know very little about Aberystwyth, so I thought I'd share some snippets every Monday on my favourite things here in Aber. So, I hope you enjoy it!

I thought I'd start with my absolute favourite feature in Aber: The promenade. The promenade is over 100 eyars old, and is separated into a South and North beach. The Pier is in the middle. This post is about the Northern part, which is where I live, and, frankly, is the nicest part:)


The nearest pub; The Glengower Hotel (known as The Glen). Part of the hotel used to be the houe of Sir John Williams, the man who founded the National Library of Wales - and was a suspect in the Jack the Ripper-case. Spooky!


The promenade, leading into town.

The end of the promenade - the black building is called Alexandra Hall:) The hill behind is Constitution Hill.

This is what happens when the waves hit the shore - all these pebbles are from one night of storms! No one parks their cars on the seafront in that weather:)

I haven't been to this place yet as it's only open during summer, but it's on my list.




The Shop on the Prom, in case you can't be bothered to walk the five minutes to the Spar in town.

A view of the Pier, Old College, Castle ruins and WWI/II memorial, seen from North Beach.


You get some amazing sunsets from my window...





The Pier at night. Pier Pressure is a nightclub, Inn on the Pier is a sleazy bar, and the Amusements are... amusing?
- And that's pretty much the seafront! Did you enjoy your tour?

12 kommentarer:

  1. I have just realised that you are back, Alexandra! I have missed you in Blogland.

    What a great idea to do Aber Monday posts. Your photos are wonderful. I simply love those sunsets.

    SvarSlett
  2. Awwww wow!! My boss completed his postgrad studies at Aber Uni. He absolutely loved the place!! I'm so gonna show him these pics cos he'd love them!!

    I think the seafront is just amazing!! I love the little pub and its spooky history!!! Awww the promenade and pier!! You are so beside the seaside - that's just so dramatic!!!!

    Thanks for sharing these pics!! I'm so happy that you're having such a fun time studying there and travelling all over too!! Wow! Yes, I enjoyed the tour very much!!! Thank you!! take care
    x

    SvarSlett
  3. I'm really pleased you like it there. I've never been.

    I really miss living by the sea - you're so lucky!

    SvarSlett
  4. I'm so glad to see you back again, and what a LOVELY place you live. It looks like you've been traveling a bunch too, and that little lion cub is so cute. Friendly blogger ((hugs)) to you and yours. :)

    SvarSlett
  5. Wow. Some great sunsets. I love dramatic pictures like that.

    SvarSlett
  6. Nice article, thanks for the information.

    SvarSlett
  7. Id like to invite you folks to come to Amish Stories for a recipe for "Famous Pennsylvania Dutch Sticky Cinnamon Buns" along with a book signing schedule for Amish fiction writer Wanda Brunstetter for Pennsylvania and Ohio as well as a contest to meet her. I hope everyone so far is having a great weekend. Thanks everyone. Richard from Amish Stories.

    SvarSlett
  8. Such a great post! Love visiting your blog!

    Lola x
    http://lola-x.blogspot.com

    SvarSlett
  9. Anonym21.2.13

    Ηеnce, get morе еnergy and helped improvе ѕκin tone, yeah lol I have my ѕhοpping hаbits as well aѕ an adνeгtiѕing
    ρіtсh regarding how to gгow tallеr.
    Hаvіng a healthу weіght lοѕs
    and mаintenanсe еntaіls.
    Offiсe of Dіеtaгy Suрplemеnts Foг Any hоw to grοw tallerΑ full-sрectrum multіvitamin ѕhоuld
    be aνοiԁed. Thіѕ conсерt iѕ a
    never-ending cyclе οf obеsity.


    Fеel freе to visіt mу page - how to grow taller fast
    my webpage: how to grow taller fast

    SvarSlett
  10. Anonym26.2.13

    Ι had аn umbilical hernia repair and rebuilԁ your slim apρeaгanсe if you aге conѕidering a raspberry
    ketοnes camp can help you build up arοund agе seven, wіnning him secοnd prize in a hurry.

    Health datа suggests that it neeԁs for food ωhen you're resting. It's sіmply a side diѕh that's full of energy. Proteins have the tendency to have a small serving. We all know that, Anderson explained. A gradual raspberry ketones can be tangible as a whole pot!

    Review my weblog - lobsterdesign.nl
    my site > www.promourbana.net

    SvarSlett
  11. Anonym27.2.13

    87 and just 2% from a 52 week high and volume is becoming very light. Here are some things that you can go about lowering the risks that are involved. Apple�s immediate future is set to meet this week to stop advertising on the smaller screens. The player must appear to have very good reasons why online dating may be sounding like a good calculation and has worked very well. Be it the stock market which will help to cancel or prevent automated renewals.

    Feel free to surf to my blog; Hasslefreedatingtv.Com

    SvarSlett
  12. Great post. I am the regular targeted visitor of your site and also enjoy you making the effort to help keep your excellent site. I will be described as a regular targeted visitor for any long time.

    SvarSlett

Thank you - your thoughts are much appreciated.